Find a venue in your area
Reed Wellbeing delivers Healthier You in the following locations:
- Brandlesholme Methodist - BL8 1HN
- Castle Leisure Centre - BL9 0EZ
- Phoenix Youth and Community Centre - M25 1GG
- Outreach Community and Residential Services - M26 1NR
- St Michael's Hall - M45 8AE
- The Place Fallowfield - M14 7FB
- Positive Futures - M14 4AA
- Northmoor Community Centre - M12 5RT
- The Resonance Centre - M11 4SG
- The Forum Library - M22 5RX
- St Pauls Church Hall - Blackley - M9 6RA
- St Marys Church - M40 0EW
- St John Bosco RC Church - M9 7BD
- Hope Mill Community Hub - M4 7JA
- Brooklands Church of the Nazarene - M23 9FN
- The Dandelion Community Centre - M22 1AH
- Khizra Mosque - M8 0PF
- Harpurhey Wellbeing Centre (No. 93) - M9 5BG
- Crumpsall Methodist Church - M8 5ST
- Coppice Community Hub - OL8 1BT
- Hill Top Surgery - OL8 2QD
- The Primrose Centre - OL8 1HX
- Royton Brass Band and Music Club - OL2 5QP
- Castlemere Community Centre - OL11 1HH
- Burnside Community Centre - M24 5NN
- Heywood Sports Village - OL10 4TW
- Let's Talk - OL16 1PQ
- Vintage Worx - OL12 6JE
- Clifton Community Centre - M27 8FU
- Guild Hall Community Centre - M28 3AS
- Rainbow Rooms - M30 0QN
- Sebastians Community Centre - M6 6ES
- Broughton Hub - M7 4BQ
- Beesley Green Community Centre - M28 2QW
- The Angel Centre - M3 6FA
- Irlam Steel Club - M44 6AJ
- The Heatons Centre - SK4 3LD
- The Upper Room - SK8 1DW
- Heald Green Village Hall - SK8 3JL
- Offerton Community Centre - SK2 5NX
- Tiviot Dale Methodist Church - SK1 1TA
- Marple Methodist Church - SK6 7AY
- Haughton Green Centre - M34 7PH
- Audenshaw Masonic Hall/Stanley House - M34 5GB
- Age UK Tameside - OL6 7AW
- The Broomwood Centre - WA15 7JU
- Partington Community Centre - M31 4EQ
- Sale West Community Centre - M33 4QJ
- Urmston Sports Club - M41 5UU
- Partington Community Centre - M31 4FL
- Stretford Public Hall - M32 0LG
- Firswood Community Centre - M32 8QS
- Worsley hall Bramble house - WN5 9QE
- Sunshine House Community Hub - WN1 3SA
- Abram Community Centre - WN2 5QX
- Pennygate Medical Centre - WN2 2QG
- Higher Folds Community Centre - WN7 2UB
- Golborne Parkside Sports and Community Club - WA3 3HG
- Salvation Army - WN4 8PB
- Atherton High School - M46 0AY
- Shakerley Community Centre - M29 8FU
- St Paul's Peel Parish Community Hall - M38 9EG
- Pemberton Masonic Hall - WN5 8JP
Get in touch
Area Manager: Lucy Archer
FAQsClick for more →
Are you at risk of Type 2 Diabetes?
Diabetes UK have found that 13.6 million people in the UK are at risk of developing type 2 diabetes. The good news is this can be significantly reduced If you maintain a healthy weight and are more active.
Healthier You NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme
The FREE Heathier You programme has been developed by experts and is underpinned by a decade of research into community-based diabetes prevention. The programme supports you to make small and realistic changes to your daily life which you can keep to, will help you feel great and reduce your risk of diabetes.
We will help you to:
• Set clear goals
Create an action plan and keep a food and activity diary to keep you on track.
• Plan ahead
Show you how helpful it is to plan meals for the week ahead especially when we all lead busy lives. This can help you eat better and stick to a budget.
• Start to make healthy changes
Give you tips to make small and lasting changes to your diet and exercise routine.
• Be creative
Give you simple, healthy new recipes and food to try and fun ways to add physical activity into your everyday life.
• Sleep well
Start to get a good night’s sleep. Research has shown that if you are tired you feel hungrier and are more likely to want fatty and sugary foods.
Our specially trained health and wellbeing coaches know there are many different ways to lose weight and there’s no one-size-fits-all approach. That’s why our coaches meet with each person individually to understand your challenges and goals and to find out what works for you and fits in with your lifestyle.
Following your initial assessment you will have the choice to join the programme in face to face groups, through the digital app or on our tailored remote groups for people with visual and hearing impairments or those from Bangladeshi or Pakistani backgrounds who require a specific cultural and language tailored service.
To find out more information about the Greater Manchester Healthier You programme please visit Reed Wellbeing’s website.
How do I find out if I'm at risk and join Healthier You?
If you’re concerned that you may be at risk, it’s essential to find out as early as possible. Check your risk of type 2 diabetes using the Diabetes UK risk tool at http://riskscore.diabetes.org.uk and you may be eligible for a referral to the programme by your GP practice.
For more information
For more information and signposting to other organisations for physical activity, smoking cessation, healthy living and more please click here